Please note: Wompat Onbuhimo is available for customers in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada and Africa, but unfortunately we can not sell them to the United States.
We have three strap types available for the Custom Onbuhimo:
1) Simple wrap straps: about 30-35 cm wide, one layer of fabric pleated in a fan style, no padding. Simple wrap straps are comfortable for front carry and you can spread them widely over your shoulders and back.
Below are the prices for different strap types. The prices include 24% VAT:
Normally we add one ring on each side of the panel but it is also possible to add two rings per side. The extra rings will cost 15€.
We need the following information from you:
* Your name, shipping address and phone number
* The size of the Wompat carrier (baby, medium, toddler, preschool)
* How old is your child and what size of clothes is she/he using
* The fabric that you want for the Onbuhimo (Girasol, Vanamo, Your own woven wrap)
* Please think about an optional choice for the fabric also, if your first option is not available
* If you are sending your own woven wrap, please let us know all possible information for the wrap (brand, name, material, size/length, new/used wrap). Don't send the wrap before our approval!
* Other wishes that you may have (for example the specific colors or pattern on the wrap, extra rings, color of rings)
* The method of payment (bank transfer or PayPal, credit cards only through PayPal)
The delivery time varies from about 2 to 4 weeks. The summer time and end of the year are the most busy times
We will answer to your e-mail as soon as possible. I will let you know an estimated delivery time and send you an invoice. We require advanced payment. Your order will be added to the seamstress's wait list after we have received your payment.
The normal 2 weeks return policy applies to the made-to-order carriers as well.
You can find out the available Girasol and Vanamo woven wraps on our Girasol baby wrap page and Vanamo woven wrap pages. Please click the product main photo in order to see how many wraps are in stock.
We offer four sizes of Wompat carrier: baby, medium, toddler and pre-school. The age and size recommendations are average estimations. We do not recommend using the Onbuhimo carrier for a baby less than 4 months because the panel doesn't have enough support side ways. If you can't decide between two sizes, please think about when do you need it the most: do you need the carrier right now or maybe a little later. If you need it now, the smaller size is probably right for you. But if you want to be able to use the carrier as long as possible, then you might want to choose a bigger size (the bigger size may be a little too large at first). The hight of Onbuhimo's panel may seem a little smaller when the carrier is in use than our Wompat buckle carriers and mei tais. The hight depends on how you wear the carrier: about 5-10cm of panel will bend under baby's bottom.
The panel and the hood can be cut from different locations on the fabric and the seamstress makes the decision with each Wompat while making it. The final look of the carrier can be somewhat different from the Wompats pictured on our site. If you want the panel or/and the hood to be cut from the specific stripes/pattern on the fabric, it is possible to have that, too. The specific colors will cost 10 € extra. The other details of the Wompat baby carrier can not be modified. It is not possible to change for example the measurements of the body panel, the model of the sleep hood or the amount of padding in the straps.
Custom Wompat made with customer's own fabric:
We can use also the customer's own fabric for the custom Wompat Onbuhimo. Please always ask for our approval for the fabric before sending it! We can use most good quality woven wrap brands. Preferably a new wrap. The fabric can be 100% cotton, cotton-linen or cotton-hemp blend. Densely weaved baby wraps are better than loosely weaved. If you know that some baby wrap model has been problematic on wrap conversions, please do not choose that one.
Please wash and iron your wrap before sending it to us.
We need size 4 (3,6m) for an Onbuhimo with simple wrap straps. Size 5 is enough for the Padded-to-wrap straps. For the Buckle Onbuhimo we need about 2,1-2,4m of woven wrap.
If you are sending the fabric from outside of EU, we may have to pay some taxes and customs fees when receiving it. Any extra costs will be added to your invoice. If the fabric is sent from an EU country, there are no additional costs.