We ship Custom Wompat carriers all over the world! - If you are from the United States, please read our SPECIAL INFO FOR USA!
We have two custom Wompat carrier types available:
1) The standard Wompat SSC includes decorative fabric on the outside of body & hood, the straps and waist are made from cotton twill or corduroy. The back side of the carrier is cotton twill.
2) The Half wrap conversion Wompat SSC has baby wrap fabric on the outside of the whole carrier (waist, body, hood, straps) and inside the hood, too. The back side of the carrier is cotton twill.
Each carrier includes the adjustable shoulder straps and standard waist belt. It is possible to make the waist belt in size S for small parents or in size L for larger parents. This will cost 10 EUR.
The delivery time varies from about 2 to 4 weeks. The summer time and end of the year are the most busy times
We will answer to your e-mail as soon as possible. I will let you know an estimated delivery time and send you an invoice. We require advanced payment for the made-to-order Wompats. Your order will be added to the seamstress's wait list after we have received your payment.
The normal 2 weeks return policy applies to the made-to-order carriers as well.
Prices for made-to-order Wompat carriers. The prices for "Standard" and "Half wrap conversion" include Vanamo woven fabric (incl. VAT 24 %):
We need the following information from you:
* Your name, shipping address and phone number
* The size of the Wompat carrier (baby, medium, toddler, preschool)
* How old is your child and what size of clothes is she/he using
* Do you want a Standard Wompat or a Half Wrap Conversion Wompat
* The fabric that you want for the body panel and hood (Girasol, Vanamo, Marimekko etc.) and the fabric that you wish for the straps (corduroy or cotton twill and color). Marimekko fabric costs +15-20€ extra. Pictures of the fabric options are found at the Gallery and the Vanamo woven wraps page.
* Please think about an optional choice for the fabrics also, if your first option is not available
* The size of the waist belt (S, M, L)
* Other wishes that you may have (please see some other special options below)
* The method of payment (bank transfer or PayPal, credit cards only through PayPal)
For the body panel and the hood we have available Girasol and Vanamo wraps and some printed cotton fabrics like Marimekko. For the shoulder straps and waist belt we have available a selection of corduroy and cotton twill fabrics. You can find pictures for the fabric options at the Gallery and the Vanamo woven wraps page.
We offer four sizes of Wompat carrier: baby, medium, toddler and pre-school. The minimum weight limit for the baby size carrier is 3,5 kg (7 lbs) and the maximum weight for the pre-school size is 22 kg (48 lbs). The age and size recommendations are average estimations. If you can't decide between two sizes, please think about when do you need it the most: do you need the carrier right now or maybe a little later. If you need it now, the smaller size is probably right for you. But if you want to be able to use the carrier as long as possible, then you might want to choose a bigger size (the bigger size may be a little too large at first). The hight of the body is measured in the middle of the carrier from the seam of waist band to the seam of hood. The width of the body is measured a few centimeters above the seam of waist (in the middle of the "legs out padding"). There can be some variation in these measurements (+/- 1 cm).
The adjustable shoulder straps will fit all sized parents. The standard length of the waist band is 62 cm (padded fabric part). This waist band size is suitable for about 68 - 120 cm waist / hip. So the tightest setting is 68cm and the largest setting 120 cm. It is possible to make the waist band 5 cm shorter, if the 68 cm is not tight enough. Also if you need more than 120 cm for the waist, we can add more webbing to make the diameter larger and also the padded waist band will be 5 cm longer. The s or L size waist bands will cost 10€. Here are some tips to help you with the decision:
The size of your waist --> The size of the waist band
Under 68-70 cm --> Size S
70 - 120 cm --> Size M
Over 120 cm --> Size L
Custom Wompat made with customer's own fabric:
We can use also the customer's own fabric for the custom Wompat. Please always ask for our approval for the fabric before sending it! The fabric can be a woven wrap or regular cotton fabric with prints for example. The minimum weight of woven wrap should be at least 200 g/m2 and the weight of printed cotton fabric at least 100g/m2. Some extremely thick and heavy woven wraps can be difficult to sew and a wrap too thick makes a stiff carrier, too. Some wraps that are over 330 g/m2 may be too thick. We can use most good quality woven wrap brands. A new & un-used wrap or fabric is always a better option than used / old wrap. The fabric can be for example 100 % cotton, cotton-linen or cotton-hemp blend. Densely weaved baby wraps are better than loosely weaved. If you know that some baby wrap model has been problematic on wrap conversions, please do not choose that one.
We do not pre-wash the fabrics here so if you want it pre-washed, please do that your self and remember also to iron it. If the wrap has been used, please always wash it and iron. If the shrinkage of the fabric is 5 % or less, pre-wash is not necessary. If the shrinkage is 10 %, pre-wash is recommended.
For the Standard Wompat we need about 1,3m of woven baby wrap for the outside of the body panel & hood. For a half wrap conversion Wompat we need 2,0-2,3m depending on the size of carrier, width of the wrap and the pattern. 0,85-1m of regular fabric (width over 1m) is needed for the panel & hood.
If you are sending the fabric from outside of EU, we may have to pay some taxes and customs fees when receiving it. Any extra costs will be added to your invoice. If the fabric is sent from a EU country, there are no additional costs.